Monday, December 6, 2010

the one with the first presidency christmas devotional

so each year the
first presidency of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
gives a christmas devotional

i kind of feel like it's the kick off to the season
and it reminds me of the real meaning
of my favorite holiday
[besides my birthday]

but the reason i love it the most
is because my mom loves it
and it reminds me of her
and then i feel a little bit closer
like 1,750 miles closer

this year, like last year, i had tickets
to the conference center for it
which i tried to bribe my mom with,
she didn't take it :(

but it's okay cause she watched it at home
and it made me feel close

like in this song kenny loggins sang,
at least i think it was him,
a song that had this in it
"And even though I know how very far apart we are
It helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star"

it helped me to know that we were watching the
same devotional

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...