Sunday, August 30, 2009

The one with a reminder

Life is wonderful.
Love is all you need.
Friends make life worth living.
Family never goes away, no matter how far apart you are.
The Church is true.
The priesthood is restored and it is on the earth.


Since August 25, 2004, August has brought ups along with downs. My brother Nathan left the earth that day, he was 8. Then, I remember thinking how could my Heavenly Father do this to me, to my family. Now, I know that he was teaching me, teaching my family, teaching my friends. We may not understand everything, nor do we need to because our Heavenly Father does and that's enough. This year on the date I was with friends, at a retreat for the group that made me, for the first time in my life, feel like I belonged. Made me feel like I was part of something and could make a difference. But even with this feeling I couldn't completely take my mask off, one I had tried so hard to keep up since my brother left us. But with friends, a teacher, a role model and the priesthood it was shed. This year had been the hardest for me, being the first year without my family. I didn't know how I would make it through the day but with their love and support I made it. And I will be forever grateful for their presence in my life.

1 comment:

Gary and Shelice Murphy said...

trying again...went wacky!

Love you Angel!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...