Saturday, October 31, 2009
I thought in honor of a day where you can be whoever you want to be; a surgeon, a rastafarian, a muggle, you name it you can be it-that I would post some pretty school stuff. (or at least cute) So I thought the drawing of the pumpkin was cute so therefore it made the post. This one to right was so cool, with all the little leaves but then it was beaten out by this one. It was carved out by a laser, we're talking a laser here! Apparently it's supposed to be some death star thing but whatever, the cool part here is the use of a laser.
Now on to other things... like this wall of carved pumpkins, all done by one man. Way cool, although the laser one is still better. But then I came upon this one, and i thought it just might beat out the laser one, but the fact that it almost looks fake made it come in second.Come on though, who doesn't love a princess pumpkin.
*For these pictures and others type-clip art pumkins, cute jack o lanterns, or carved pumpkins into google image.
Now for costumes!
but this one is my favorite-tetris! i wanna do this one year!
another good one was the youtube video, way funny. but this is where i will end.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone!
Sunday, October 4, 2009
- Was escorted to the bathroom
- Held up a '1 ticket needed please' sign
- Went to general conference
- Saw an old friend :)
- Gave out free hugs
- Sat in the plaza and the balcony
- Watched a movie
- Ate at cafe rio
- Played a game with friends
- Met romney's brother-perry
- If you do standby for conference you can't leave the line or your seat once your seated or they will escort you out cause you don't have a ticket. But I had to go to the bathroom while we were waiting to get in and one of the guest services guys took me to the door and another guy walked me to the bathroom and waited outside for me
- I heard from people that if you hold up a sign you get a ticket usually with in five minutes. So I held up my sign and I got a ticket way fast.
- self explanatory
- While I was giving out hugs at conference shem and i saw each other
- While I was holding my 1 ticket needed please sign i saw my friend Will giving out hugs i went to talk to him and got ropped in
- When I did standby I sat in the balcony-lame. But when I asked for tickets I got terrace seating and then they said we could move down to the plaza level to fill in seats
- movie and popcorn!
- The girls from my office ate at cafe rio during priesthood session
- We played loaded questions at amber's house after priesthood session
- Romney and his brother, Perry, came to play games with us
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Okay, wake up at like 6:30/6:45, pick an outfit, brush my teeth, get dressed, do my make up and hair, grab my backpack and purse(but today I had to grab an extra pair of shoes and an umbrella cause it's raining). I aim to be out the door by 7:30.
I walk to school sometimes stopping at the carriage cafe for breakfast, consisting of bacon, hash browns and/or a bagel. I'll make my way to the school and to the admissions office, cause work starts at 8.
I work for 50 minutes, and I'm off to class with four of my closest friends; Devon, Sam, David, and Chase. English 101, oh what a joy. I'm there for four an hour and then I head back down to the admissions office and our staff meeting starts at 10.
I work from 10-1, doing anything from posting and proofing transcripts, answering calls, sending out info packets, giving tours, deferring students or discontinuing students, to shredding files.
Then lunch, most likely at the carriage cafe, commonly referred to the crappe cafe, then I book it to class with another six of my closest friends; Sarah Beth, William, Mark, Jordan, Jonathan, and Bruce. For the most stimulating class, Microeconomics. Then a half hour to socialize.
At 3 I'm back to work and I'm there til close-5. Then I do whatever the heck I feel like doing.
Friday, September 25, 2009
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
So really these are the coolest shoes ever, because they remind me of sister johnson back home. I have Ms. Napier shoes as well, I had two pairs until i wore out my flip flops so they had to go to flip flop heaven. So I name shoes after people they remind me of, well really only these pairs but whatever. Okay the end of this post!
Friday, September 11, 2009
Then I got the very last plain bagel at carriage cafe, toasted it and was on my way to class with my water bottle filled with ice cold yummy water![yes water does have a taste]Then I sat with four of my friends in english. Pretty much did nothing today in class, with really no homework. Then it was off to work
I got to work, saw a friend I haven't seen for ages-fall semester of last year. Then I called an institute teacher, to drop a student so I could get into his class-low and behold he did, so in Book of Mormon II with Brother Meredith. I am so excited, he is such a good teacher. I tried to explain how to Chase and I couldn't even describe it, I just knew I was supposed to be in that class. So then I worked and worked.
I grabbed lunch, a chili bread bowl, and was off to microeconomics. I really like that class, I love micro thanks to my high school economics teacher. My friend, Mark, transferred into that class and kept me awake. It's not that I was bored but I was so tired, he kept making fun of what we were talking about. At the end of class the teacher was so nice as to tell us the homework I did, was in fact not due today but on monday-double hooray for no homework!
Then I was back at work, listening to pandora and updating my blog to pass time. The back to school Vista Dance is tonight and I'm way pumped. Life is good!
Monday, September 7, 2009
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Things don't always go the way you want them to; you like someone-they like someone else, you want to be a primary teacher-you're an assistant nursery leader, you want to wear your jeans-but you have to work, etc. The point being, sometimes the Lord has a different plan for you, sometimes it will break your heart, disappoint you-but He knows best, and one day you'll see why He moved you that way.
The final part of this saga, the sunday school lesson this week was sealed for time and eternity-a lesson I wasn't especially thrilled to hear about, considering it's just another way to tell us that the Lord wants us to multiply and replenish the Earth. But I went, because a friend was inspired to tell me that he was quoting me-which meant I had to go, because I didn't know what he was quoting. What I said wasn't important but the line he closed the lesson with was. "He will help you to find the individual who is perfect for you, not perfect, but perfect for you"
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Love is all you need.
Friends make life worth living.
Family never goes away, no matter how far apart you are.
The Church is true.
The priesthood is restored and it is on the earth.
Since August 25, 2004, August has brought ups along with downs. My brother Nathan left the earth that day, he was 8. Then, I remember thinking how could my Heavenly Father do this to me, to my family. Now, I know that he was teaching me, teaching my family, teaching my friends. We may not understand everything, nor do we need to because our Heavenly Father does and that's enough. This year on the date I was with friends, at a retreat for the group that made me, for the first time in my life, feel like I belonged. Made me feel like I was part of something and could make a difference. But even with this feeling I couldn't completely take my mask off, one I had tried so hard to keep up since my brother left us. But with friends, a teacher, a role model and the priesthood it was shed. This year had been the hardest for me, being the first year without my family. I didn't know how I would make it through the day but with their love and support I made it. And I will be forever grateful for their presence in my life.
Monday, August 3, 2009
When I used to help out in the office I could do somethings, mostly answering phones and questions but now I can pretty much do anything I need to to help someone, although I am still asking for help. It's like the more I can do, the more I have to ask for help. I love the admissions office! If you're interested in the Business College, call me and i'll help you apply!
Thursday, July 9, 2009
After a quick trip out to East Freaking Nowhere to check on a house i'm house sitting at 6 in the morning so i'd have enough time to make it back for my overnight trip to troy, alabamba my brother will turned to The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. I didn't sit down and watch with him but i was in and out of the room, looking for my camera charger only to have no luck, i saw parts of the movie. As I walked in once I had to stop. The Narnian army had gone to the castle and were fighting, I was stopped as I saw one animal, don't ask me what it was I couldn't tell you, was holding up the gate so that other could get out. And once he had fallen from the arrows that it him, soldiers were stuck unable to get out, and had no choice but to stay and fight to their death. The silent looks between them told a story too long for a single movie. The one agony, courage, honor, sadness, thankfulness. Those soldiers could have been mad and tried to escape they fought, they fought for what should have been and would be. I don't know why it hit me so hard but I was stuck watching it unfold, crying and wishing they didn't have to feel that. Maybe it was knowing the feeling, wanting so badly to change what had just happened but knowing you never could.
Looking for something else this time I walked into the living room just as the movie was ending. All the people gathered, looking at the tree, listening to Caspian. Seeing people leave all they had behind for a better life, and then the Kings and Queens leaving and going home was i don't even know. But i was holding it together until The Call by Regina Spektor started playing. The people leaving reminded me of the pioneers, they left with nothing but the clothes on their back and only with the promise of a better life. And then as Edmund, Susan, Peter and Lucy were leaving I knew what it was like, especially for Peter and Susan, leaving behind what feels like home but isn't for the place where you are supposed to belong. Saying goodbye forever.
I know this is stupid but this is who I am, this is who God meant me to be-at least in someways. I would expound but I'm leaving for youth conference [as a chaperone] in a few and i still have to get ready
Thursday, June 4, 2009
- Ed-Chicago, IL
- Mathue-Wichita, KS [sent home]
- Jake-Dallas, Tx
- Simon-Bradford, England [sent home]
Juan-Santa Monica, CAhe's a jerk
- Kiptyn-Encinitas, CA
- Michael-Astoria, NY
- Brian-Atlanta, GA [sent home]
- Reid-Philadelphia, PA
Friday, May 8, 2009
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Friday, March 27, 2009
When I eat in front of people I don't know well or trust feel like a pig
I am so OCD about something and other things I don't even care
I need to stop thinking, cause when I think I over analyze
I don't know how I feel about college right now, I feel like I am missing all these things at home
I figured out the art of skipping in high school, i would skip only when I had already missed some of the day or when I got checked out for something and then I was supposed to go back. I never got caught, although my mom will know now-another thing I can ruin for my brothers!
I think my favorite people(meaning girls) at school are: Jenni, Marilyn, Jenn, Shareese, Shaye, Caryn, Jenn, Karri
I think living in Salt Lake has brought me closer to my family here and even my family back home
I really don't like eating at the carriage cafe yet I eat there all the time
I'm trying harder to enjoy the journey and get the change through me rather than just getting through it
I'm a huge BYU fan and I hate when my cousins get all snobby about their love for UofU cause I try not to talk about it cause I know families back home that are divided by rival teams in the SEC
It's better for me to do my homework at the school rather than at home cause at school there isn't as much to distract me
I've been in two episodes of Business at the BC, type it in on youtube
All of my brothers are adopted, I'm the only biological child.
I talk a lot and usually pretty loud and I don't even realize it most of the time.
I love kids and want to be a kindergarten teacher.
I have problems when I with guys who's first name starts with a j, sorry guys
I love the 2008-2009 student council
Love Matt Tiddle, cause he reminds me of my dad
I have a hard time keeping a journal
Accounting is my secret love affair, it might have something to do with the teacher
I will always need someone to talk to, like the Meredith/Christina, Addison/Naomi
I love my hair straight, and hate when people comment on my curly hair
- I really want my hair to be long, but when it gets close I usually give up and chop it off
I don't like people who are fake nice
My favorite shirt is my BYU dance shirt
Facebook is my most visited website then blogspot followed closely by hotmail
I'm competitive, like seriously I am-ask my family or any of my seminary classes
I eat pillsbury crescent dough and cookie dough-SO GOOD!
I brought tons of stuff with to school!
I really like BYU, but the BC is AMAZING!
I want 6 kids.
I have only the coolest cell phone ever! [pantech matrix]
I'm taking mission prep, and love the class. I can't wait to serve a mission!!
I love my galoshes.
I love brown and pink, totally!
I'm a mentor and ambassador for LDSBC
I like to eat the stuffing of double stuffed oreos
I love Lin China Chinese food.
I am afraid of lakes and ocean, it's because of what could be beneath me
I like scones and sopapillas
I eat mini m&m's like crack
I love smucker's red raspberry jam, with the seeds
S'mores are only the greatest thing ever!
My favorite disney princesses are snow white, belle and cinderella(cause she's modest)
I love High School Musical [all of them, and if you hate you can leave]
- My new favorite band is Truman, from nashville living in provo
- I have a really hard time making the first move in anything
- I miss home like crazy!!!!!!!
- I have met some amazing people this year at school and they have changed me
- I love going to the temple and I really do try to go frequently since I only live like 2 minutes away, and I am really going to miss it when I go home
- I really want to serve a mission, not to prove that girls can but because I want to serve the Lord. And maybe in a way so that three of my parent's children can serve missions.
- I had a dream after EFY one year that I was going to the California Santa Rosa mission
- I love my brothers more than anything!
- Back home I have to sleep with my door closed because someone who breaks in would rather go through an open door rather than a closed one but once i get home i'm going to leave it open and close my brothers doors so that my brothers will be safe
- I really don't like big trees at night cause people can hide behind them
- Gym was my most hated class in elementary and middle school because when we would have teams I was almost always the last one picked
- Liking guys at the BC is a lot harder than you would think because most of the time they are either dating someone else, married or are leaving the school soon
- This summer, I'm going to let will hold the remote more
- I am going to make more time for bonding with zac
- I love my family more than anything in the world
- The guy I want will take our kids to do things just for the fun of it
- I love falling asleep to rain-I will go to bed early just so I can fall asleep to rain on my window, and the cd sounds just don't cut it
- I was born on my due date
- I'd always wanted to finish my education before I get married. But President Hinckley said that family comes first then college
- I'm like Christina Yang from Grey's Anatomy, I mate for life-after a person passes a subconscious friend test we're friends for life, or at least that's how I feel
- The only cereal I have bought while I've been at school are chex and cherrios
- After 2 Creative Zen Micros that have crashed I've decided that I want a iPod
- I am addicted to Facebook chat
- Watching movies at night all by myself late at night is really fun
- I've dyed my hair twice. But what really bothers me is that this last time it doesn't look any different unless it's in the light
- I can't wait to work in admissions at LDS Business College
- When I am with him, I tend to smile a little more
- I like to do new things with my hair
- Before I post pictures they go through my memory manager and then picasa
- College has been really good for expanding my food horizons
- I never knew that I could actually enjoy cleaning offices
- The plaza is okay, but it is slowly draining my sanity!
- I like to have music on, without it it just seems too quiet
- I like to use the work quite quite a lot, i don't know why-well maybe because i like the way it sounds
- I love when my friend's accents come out like PRO-gress, Suh-rry and words like that
- I would love to be a CBP, customs and border patrol, Officer on the Canadian border
- I make a lot of to do lists
- My planner is my life, I write everything down in it
- Listening to Adam Ashby makes everything better
- I really missed snow when I was living in Georgia but living here and seeing it for MONTHS made me sick of it
- My patriarchal blessing calms all my fears
- My Subway order: Footlong white with ham, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots
- My 13th Street BBQ order: 5 dollar plate, usually stealing leftovers from family
- Lin China order: Large White Rice, Beef and Broccoli
- The love of music I have, and the the knowledge comes from my dad
- My scrapbooking traits come from my mom
- I am really going to miss being with my family on my birthday, cause I will have to be at work already :(
- Panda Express is okay
- The first time I shared a fork with a guy other than family was this week
- I really like to buy things not for the having tons of stuff but that it's new, and i have the excitement of using it for the first time
- Asking a guy to a formal isn't all that hard, i've done it
- I would skip a dance if I didn't have a date
- I love having new stuff, because I love the anticipation of getting to use it
- I am such a procrastinator in everything!!
- I collect ribbons and pens
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Sunday, March 22, 2009
- I miss home, but I hate packing
- Counting down the days to something FREAKS me out
- Sleeping in at least two different beds a week makes me realize how lucky I was to have a serta mattress growing up
- Facebook is the means of communication, I just found out a guy that served in my ward got married today
- Mic packs are AMAZING, I wish I could wear one more often
- I get end of the semester-itis, every single semester-even in high school
- When I packed for school I packed TOO much
- I am currently craving a pace bar, I just learned that so it counts
- Eric Hutchinson is really good, find him on iTunes
- Little Obedience leads to big blessings just like little disobedience leads to big disobedience
Monday, March 16, 2009
Sunday, March 15, 2009
- I really like this soup that sarah made that I would have thought I'd hate
- Peanut Butter sandwiches aren't that bad
- Singles Wards really are the bane of my existence
- I make a lot of to do lists
- I am the DUP president of the LDSBC chapter
- I really hate calling people
- Living in the plaza is driving me mad
- I'm pretty intelligent when it comes to stocks
- College ruins clothes
- Three weeks is a long time
Monday, March 9, 2009
Saturday, March 7, 2009
- I like cleaning for others more than I do cleaning for myself, it's the feeling I get when I can just feel how thankful they are
- The mentor and ambassador program at the school is the best thing that has ever happened to me.
- Staying up and watching movies until two i the morning twice in one week is not a good idea, and should not be tried at home.
- The UTA pass is such a blessing (k-so i knew that one but it was really nice to not have to pay to go see family)
- Giving tours of LDS Business College is really nerve racking but once it's over and they say they are coming or they are going to come I feel great and relieved.
- Pandora is amazing!
- When I go home, I'm going to have to do my own laundry :(
- Writing for the school news paper is really challenging. I am really excited to be a part of it starting.
- Although I can't wait to get home and be with family and families I love, I really am going to miss Salt Lake and all it's held for me-the good and the bad
- Somedays getting out of bed is the hardest thing but getting up and making it through the day makes the next day better
Friday, March 6, 2009
- What do you do when your best isn't good enough?
- What do you do when the guy that you would fight for can't even see you standing there wanting him to see you?
- What do you do when the person you thought would be your best friend hurts you so bad that getting up in the morning is harder than you ever thought possible?
- What do you do when you don't want to go to bed because that's another day you have to wake up to, put on a face that everything is okay, and not let anybody know how hard it is to live 1,919.92 miles away from you family with no friends that you can turn to?
- What do you do when that drive you had, the the drive you can't remember not having, leaves?
- Why does my family feel like they have to keep things from me, like I'm some kind of child. I know what's going on-just FREAKING tell me.
- Why do people think they know how I feel?
Saturday, February 28, 2009
- I really like NCIS
- I can not wait to get home right after general conference
- Business Law and Ethics is fun to argue but you need to study a lot to do well on a test.
- One can not take relationship advice from ugly betty even if your situation is close
- I want kids, seriously, but for right now all I want is the day shift-like a nanny
- Renting seasons of series is my new favorite thing to do
- I wish this typicana would go away!!
- High School really never does end
- I am related to Larry H. Miller
- There is a Relief Society Building
Friday, February 27, 2009
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Monday, February 23, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
- I absolutely despise clean checks!I really need a car, the UTA pass is just not enough, Mom!!!(with pleading eyes)
- Becca and I might not be friends forever, and that's a way long story
- Sean is a really great listener
- I like to pack early, I've already started packing for my trip home[well the stuff i'm gonna leave here at least)
- Does not want to live at the Plaza next fall, I will have an apartment close to campus and maybe a car [Dad!!! you know you want your daughter to be taken care of!]
- I have a lot more things in my quote box coming home than I did coming but it now includes things I want to scrapbook and letters from an old EFY counselor and family
- I really want a calling in young womens this summer. I think it would be so much fun!
- I, Ellie Murphy, will start going to my ward every week! [this is huge cause I hate my singles ward-it sucks and relief society is just depressing]
- I can have fun and let go even when thing are hurting
- The Truman Brothers from BYU are amazingly gorgeous and sound amazing too
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Saturday, February 14, 2009
- Change can get easier
- I can ask a guy to do something, I just need to use the guts God gave me
- Friends will come and go
- I am so lucky to have people that aren't family that care about me, Brother Adrian, Matt Tiddle and President Richards
- God has a plan and he'll correct me
- Valentines Day doesn't have to be horrible
- I really do love grey's anatomy and private practice, not really new just re-realized
- Accounting relaxes me
- I would love to be a CBP officer
- I miss my family and cully more than anything!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
See this cute bear in front of you? Yes the cute little girl bear, well she needs a name. I already have her but I'm changing her name, do to unforeseen circumstances. So here are the rules...
1-it must be a girls name
2-it can not be my name or your name
if i pick your suggestion i might just make you something, treat or craft(-depending on your proximity to me)
p.s. i'm looking for a new font tell me if you like this one